Job Title: Software Test Analyst
Location: Bristol, Devonport, or Midlands - Hybrid/Working from home options available
Compensation: £34,160 - £38,393 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 48990Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Software Test Analyst at our Leicester, Plymouth, or Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility.Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
The Software Test Analyst role is based within our Digital Solutions business area. As part of the Digital Solutions team within Babcock Naval Marine you'll form part of an amazing, diverse, and inclusive team of talented people that provide specialist knowledge management and technical expertise on a range of interesting products, technologies and collaborative solutions that support both our internal and external Royal Navy customers.The roleThe difference our new Software Test Analyst will make
As a Test Analyst, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. In this role as a Software Test Analyst, you will be a key player in supporting The Royal Navy's IT applications to ensure timely software deliveries and quality assurance.
Day to day, you'll predominantly be responsible for testing application, solutions, products, and services spanning our technology and customer portfolio. This sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. You'll work collaboratively with the project teams whilst taking ownership of your own workload.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1 days in the office/onsite every fortnight and the rest working from home.Essential experience
What we offer
- Software Application Test Analyst with significant experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and is capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- ISTQB Test Analyst certification preferred
- Some SQL / Oracle database understanding (preference)
- Must be eligible to achieve relevant security clearance including NNPPI clearance
- Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Employment development allowance - £125 per year
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Testing, Nuclear Engineering, ERP, Quality Assurance, Database, Technology, Engineering