Test & Inspect Engineer
- Job Reference: 00015844-1
- Date Posted: 9 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bovingdon, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £33,000 to £36,000
- Sector: Government & Defence, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Engineer - Test & Inspection
Positions available at:
* HMP The Mount
Salary: £33000 to £36000 per annum (dependent upon experience and suitability) Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
We are seeking an Engineer - Test & Inspection, for the undertaking of planned and reactive service and maintenance, breakdown and fault finding and repair tasks on a range of electrical services throughout the estate.
You will be an exceptional Engineer - Test & Inspection at the top of your game, with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever.
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can’t provide. You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
Electrician qualified to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent with at least five years experience working as an electrician
Qualified to C&G 2391 - Electrical inspection and testing
* Must have a certificate in BS7671 - The Requirements for Electrical Installations,17th or 18th Edition.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please