Telecoms Civils Operative
- Job Reference: 00033026-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Slough, Berkshire
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
In these unprecedented times with the coronavirus, our client continues to be busy in the Telecoms sector. They provide services which are integral to providing critical systems and infrastructure across the UK.
As such, we are recruiting for an Experienced Civils Operative. If you have previous Groundworks experience in a similar role within telecoms or utilities work, we would love to hear from you. NRSWA Unit 2 and a Driving licence are essential in order to be considered.
You will be part of a company dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other external network providers. They aim to be the UK’s leading network installation business, utilising & developing the skills of their team to deliver high quality cost effective services.
You’ll receive training when required, both formal and on-the-job, to ensure you’re up-skilled as technology develops.
Reporting to the Supervisor, as a Groundworker, you will be employed to complete maintenance digs, clear blockages and pole lead-ins in the highway and footway to support the installation of optical fibre on the Openreach external network. Other aspects include:
• Set up site in full accordance with NRSWA
• Complete milestone progress reports with supporting photographs
• Ensure all tooling is in good condition and calibrated in date where required
• Complete POWRA (Point of work risk assessments) and maintain visitors log
• Excavate, backfill and manage spoil on site
• Complete cold lay re-instatement in line with Section 72 Standards
It is imperative that you are both Safety and Quality focused. You must be pro-active in matters of safety, adhering to standards and legislation. This, whilst operating on a ‘right first-time’ basis, being a clear and proactive communicator, promoting best practice across the business.
Excellent employee benefits:
• 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
• Company pension scheme
• A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
• An employee-funded car leasing scheme
• Occupational health support
• Rewards Scheme
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don’t delay, apply today or contact our office and ask for Eva.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use video or conference calls for interviews wherever possible