Penrith, UK - OnsiteCompensation:
Competitive + benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 46572Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Technician at our Skelton site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibilityMission Systems
The Technician role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.The roleThe difference our new Technician will make
As a technician you'll work in a leading defence technology company delivering a wide range maintenance and operational support projects to defence customers from our Skelton Offices based near Penrith, Cumbria. As part of a part of a small team you will be required to provide a first line response to ensure our critical service delivery.
Day to day, you'll be part of a 24-hour 7-day rota team and carry out engineering helpdesk duties. You'll also carry out routine maintenance activities on site and provide a first response to technical issues on site equipment as prompted by alarms or working with an Engineer. These will include responding to alarms and transmitter system faults.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based on site at Penrith.Essential experience
What we offer
- Full UK driving licence.
- Flexibility to work shifts.
- Ability to maintain Security clearance to DV level
- Electronic principles knowledge
- Working with hand and power tools
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety rule
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
- Employee Share Plan
- Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
- STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST
Technician, CSR, Information Technology, Help Desk, Engineer, Technology, Management, Engineering