|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Permanent|
To provide the business with an effective technical validation service, applying specialist knowledge and expertise, to provide; solutions to queries regarding the specification and applicability of parts and technical specification for delivery information, to enable supply to the customer of the correct materials to meet their requirements and timescales.
* To undertake detailed investigations to understand the technical aspects of systems, assemblies and components, making sound engineering assessments, to determine and execute the correct course of action to meet the requirement.
* Apply specialist knowledge where needed, to enable effective solutions to be provided to customer technical queries.
* Support bid activity where validation is required, for customers such as the MoD across all platforms.
* Compile and issue Technical Specification for Delivery (TSD) where configuration of the full part number is only achieved after fitment, authorised by the Production Engineering stamp possessed by the Validation Engineer.
* Undertake analysis of modifications, completing impact assessment sheets, identifying effects on material supply.
* Liaise with Engineering and other SME providers on technical issues, to provide a proactive and cost effective Validation Management Service.
* You are required to assess the technical and work content of requirements, prioritise and execute the necessary tasks, working mainly autonomously but also in collaboration with other team members, to achieve the required delivery date.
* Escalate issues to the next level management as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications Required;
* Ability to investigate complex technical issues and provide effective solutions.
* Ability to read and fully comprehend technical drawings, technical documentation, specifications etc.
* Effective interpersonal skills essential, to gather information and data from a wide range of sources and people and to relay solutions to stakeholders and customers, clearly and accurately.
* Engineering qualification with Aerospace or relevant industry experience essential.
* Understanding of aircraft systems and general architecture.
* Conversant with SAP and the standard Microsoft suite;
* Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. Knowledge of function specific applications such; COPACR, APACR, EAGLE, CIETPS, SharePoint, useful.
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on / 01793 317850
Omega resource group are acting as the employment agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.