Technical Support Engineer
- Job Reference: 00003532-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Whilst this role has been suspended due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, I would still be interested in hearing from you if you match the criteria so when it becomes live again we are "ready to go"
Do you have a BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc or equivalent in Physics, Electronics or a Life Science discipline?
With some customer service experience, would you relish the chance to utilise your high tech engineering knowledge in optics, fibre optics, lasers and electronics to provide high quality, front line support?
As the Technical Support Engineer you’ll be good at gathering technical information to understand a customer application and then identify solutions to troubleshoot problems or come up with alternative ideas.
This role offers a superb career development programme so don’t miss this amazing opportunity. Learn from and report to an experienced Technical Support Manager who manages the dynamic team:
What the Technical Support Engineer role involves:
* You’ll provide technical support for their high tech products using your outstanding communication skills via the telephone and email, supporting the UK customer base, predominantly comprising academic, government and commercial sectors
* Working closely with the internal engineering teams and global technical support teams, you’ll identify issues and find solutions to arising problems and technical enquiries to your customers
* Utilising customer feedback you’ll have input into product design and new ideas, be able to develop testing and performance reporting associated with non-conformance
* With focussed product training, you will then receive on the job continuous development with manager and peers encompassing their entire product range over time
* Occasionally attend tradeshows or customer visits (UK and overseas) for trouble shooting, testing or demonstrating products you may have assisted in building
Technical Support Engineer skills and qualities
* Bachelor or Master’s degree (BSc, BEng, MEng or MSc) or equivalent industry experience in Physics, Electronics or a Life Science discipline, ideally with knowledge in photonics, optics, fibre optics, interferometry or lasers. Would suit a recent graduate or more experienced Engineer alike.
* Strong communication able to provide clear information with customer skills that instil confidence
* Computer literate, attention to detail and sound time-management experience
* Trouble shooting and finding root causes through to an engineering and production understanding to aid bespoke customer product development when required.
About the company and opportunity:
You’ll be customer focussed and technically astute to join this highly successful, expanding and dynamic international business. They have a very forward-thinking management culture, supply technically advanced products around the world to discerning clients. They live and breathe strong core values of customer focus, pride, motivation, respect, honesty, trust and collaboration, supporting and developing their staff to achieve amazing results, often leading to further in-house career opportunities.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so please contact Deborah (phone number removed) | (phone number removed) and upload your CV using the links provided now
Salary and benefits: ££ very competitive with a great benefits package including focussed personal development, 25 days holiday; contributed pension scheme; Life Cover; Private Health Care; Child Care Vouchers; Income Protection and more
Hours: 1st 4 weeks for training 08:00 – 16:30 Monday to Friday then a standard 37.5hr/wk after 4 weeks
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.