Technical Services Manager (Hard FM)
|Job Title:||Technical Services Manager (Hard FM)|
|Salary:||Up to £50,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2019 10:18|
Sodexo Healthcare are currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Services Manager to oversee the Technical Services team and co-ordinate activities in support of the delivery of the Project Management and Estates Management Services at The County Hospital, Hereford in accordance with the Service Provider Agreement (PFI).
You’ll encompass all aspects of technical services required to support delivery of the Services, to ensure compliance with best practice, mandatory and statutory requirements, contractual obligations and corporate governance.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must due to the nature of the business
Grade H2 - Competitive salary + bonus potential and flexible benefits fundMain responsibilities
- Management of the Technical Services team, 3 direct reports
- Liaising with the Estates Maintenance Manager and Project Managers to ensure Access and Lifecycle Plans are reflective of requirements and can be supported through co-ordination of the activities of the Technical Services team
- Provision and review of cost and technical data, capital and operational, for project (change and lifecycle) works
- Ensure application of, and adherence to, Safe Systems of Work, including the Permit to Work system, ensuring adequate duty holders are appointed as required
- Management of business continuity and emergency response plans relevant to the Services, ensuring contingency measures are implemented and training is provided
- Management of the risk register pertaining to the Services
- Management of the technical library, including drawings, health and safety files, operations and maintenance manuals, room data sheets and service records
- Produce reports when required
- Maintain effective communications and relationships with stakeholders
- Proven experience in cost estimating and the delivery and management of projects and technical services (preferably within the healthcare sector), including knowledge and experience of working to applicable HTM and HBN
- Relevant engineering qualification and experience
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Line management experience; proven leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate team members
- Experience of working with integrated management systems (ISO or equivalent)
- Experience in managing and monitoring contractor performance
- Proactive and pragmatic approach to issue resolution
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within the changing needs of the business
- Commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence
- Experience of working within complex/PFI contractual framework
- H&S qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Scientific and Technical Services Manager
£36000 - £40000
£42000 - £45000 per annum
Technical Manager (RYA)
£32000 - £35000 per annum
Technical Support Manager
£27500 - £28000 per annum
Up to £25000 per annum