|Salary||Band 7, £33,000 to £44,000 depending on experience + extra top ups||Sector||Engineering|
Reporting directly to the Estates Manager, as Technical Services Manager you’ll be responsible for ensuring we provide a safe environment suitable for the Patients, Visitors and Staff that use the building at Queens Hospital, Essex. In addition, you’ll ensure that the Trust has an efficient, responsive, comprehensive, effective and high-quality Estates (including Energy and Utilities) Service. This will be achieved by adhering to and delivering the contractual and KPI requirements set out in the Project Agreement.
Queen's Hospital in Romford is a large acute hospital which opened its award-winning building to patients in 2006. In 2016
Sodexo has worked with Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT) for over 10 years to deliver a range of technical and soft services at Queen’s Hospital, including patient dining, hostess services, portering, waste management, cleaning, retail, reception, switchboard, car parking, security, estates management and grounds maintenance.Package description
A s part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
The salary would be Band 7, £33,000 to £44,000 depending on experience plus the continual monthly payments of High Cost of living Allowance, an On-Call standing payment and a Retain & Retention payment which equates to approx £10,000 on top
Be available to respond and deal with any incidents that occur during out of normal hours emergency situations as part of a staff on-call Rota systemMain responsibilities
- Build and engage in a solid relationship with the SPV (Special Purpose Vehicle) Management team to ensure Sodexo’s interests are protected
- Establish key relationships with Contract Representatives from the NHS trust
- Engage with Sodexo operations and other central Sodexo support teams
- Be the Sodexo site Energy Manager and or the key point of contact for, Liaise with Sodexo’s Central Energy team
- Attend planned Energy and ad-hoc meetings with the Client and the Trust
- Continually monitor and strive to improve the Energy usage throughout the hospital
- Continually attend courses relative to the post (including residential AP courses)
- Ensure the contract is delivered within the agreed PFI policies and processes
- Ensure that works are delivered in a timely manner to avoid KPI failures / penalties or unavailability deductions
- Manage Service Partners and suppliers in conjunction with contract documents and client requirements
- Achieve and improve where possible the KPI objectives set out in the contract
- Produce reports when required
- Must participate in a 1 in 4 out of hours on-call rota system
- Mechanical, Electrical or similar City & Guilds Qualification
- ONC, HNC or similar
- HTM Awareness
- Previous experience of PFI Hard FM Contracts
- Sound knowledge of Energy Management and of Health & Safety
- Sound Building Management System knowledge
- A customer/client facing attitude and excellent people management skills
- Have experience in managing, coaching and influencing individuals and teams
- Good communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Strong analytical skills with a strong bias towards Energy efficiencies
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office
- Professional Member of BIFM
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Qualification
- Previous experience within the PFI arena
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.