Technical Services Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Services Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000|
|Start Date:||2019-09-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Magita Lauder|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2019 21:55|
We are looking for a highly experienced Technical Services Manager to join our team in Wakefield. You should have a proven track record in building services, solid practical knowledge of H&S and it’s legislation as well as great leadership skills.
- Ensure adequate control and monitoring is applied to all finance activities undertaken.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance with policies, systems and procedures in place
- Ensure consistency in process and procedures deployed in operational delivery of services across the site/contracts.
- Responsibility for writing / reviewing of building SOP’s in conjunction with Sodexo Compliance teams
- To represent Sodexo on technical questions from both internal and external auditors
- Functional responsibility for service activity for ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance and site-specific health and safety and welfare policies, and ensure site is always audit ready for inspections
- Support the Facilities Manager and other stakeholders in the delivery of all services within the scope of the role, and provide shoulder to shoulder technical service input
- Ensure systems are in place to assure that all equipment used by the service delivery team and the overall establishment, is always safe and secure. Ensuring that all reporting staff are suitably trained and fully aware of Sodexo and Client H&S Systems.
- To provide technical support to colleagues and subordinates as required and contribute at all times to a good performance level.
- Ensure that steps are in place to assure the maintenance and upkeep of key site documentation and to ensure the incumbent delivery team adopts a systematic approach for all change activities.
- Provide development instructions and guidance for staff where appropriate in the use of own technical ability, knowledge within the limits of their competence.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health and Safety and general legislative requirements
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels within the Sodexo
- Proven experience of managing employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of their team. Experience of direct labour management of subcontracting staff.
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft Qualification Certificate and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline
- Computer literate
- Numerate and Literate with developed communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Have held an Authorised Person (Trade Discipline Specific)
- Certification in Risk Assessment
- ISO Standards Internal Auditor
- Management of Legionella, Water Quality Management
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cluster Technical Services Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Technical Services Manager (Senior Engineering Professional)
Highly competitive + attractive benefits
No Fixed Location
£35000 - £40000
£50000 - £55000