Technical Sales Engineer
- Job Reference: 00024638-1
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Slough, Berkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Technical Sales Engineer- Aviation
This is a great opportunity for high calibre engineers to join an award winning and secure industry leader, and be involved in business development and sales activity to the aerospace, defence and associated markets.
You will be working hand-in-hand with the design engineers, spending time visiting and developing business relationships with key clients, providing them with technical and commercial solutions.
This will include:
* To identify and develop new business opportunities and convert these into orders.
* To build and sustain good working relationships with existing and new clients.
* Establish client requirements and specifications through technical/commercial meetings.
* Take an active role in the development of the service provided.
* Prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
* Negotiation of technical and commercial contracts.
As these are long-term sales cycles, they are unaffected by Covid-19 slowdown.
Whilst a background in business development within the aircraft MRO /Avionics sector and knowledge of aircraft avionics and cockpit design would be be preferred,
The ideal candidate would be an avionics-type engineer or someone who understands aircraft instrumentation/systems and cockpit designs, along with a degree (or similar) in Electronics/mechanical engineering, a sound technical knowledge and ability to develop long-term business relationships within a technical and commercial environment.
A clean, UK valid driving licence is essential.
Knowledge of vibration industry would be advantageous, as would experience within the aerospace/defence industry.
There will be some delay on application feedback given the current situation but initial interviews will be by phone/skype.
The role will be initially working from home, but will need to be living within a reasonable commute of Slough offices (as post Covid role will be based from the office).
Please note that this is not a commission-based sales role.
Salary flexible (Dep on what level of experience and expertise you can bring to the table)+ Co car + co. performance bonus +laptop+ mobile+ v.good contributory pension scheme+25 days holidays+bank holidays and private healthcare +product training and development