Technical Sales and Support Manager - North Region
|Job Title:||Technical Sales and Support Manager - North Region|
|Start Date:||2019-05-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Emma Halliwell|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019 15:12|
As a Technical Sales and Support Manager your responsibilities will lie in maximising revenue opportunities as well as providing technical support for equipment that has been purchased or hired from Speedy.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays, raising to 26 after first year plus bank holidays, salary bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
As an expert with the hire industry your role as a Technical Sales and Support Manager will be a vital role for North operations. The customer is at the heart of everything we do and you will ensure that this is reflected in our service. You will provide our customers with your expert knowledge so they can confidently trust us to fulfil their hire needs.
As a successful Technical Sales and Support Manager you will be great at developing relationships internally and externally. Our customers are very important to us, equally are our staff so the ability to build relationships at multiple levels is essential. You will work alongside the wider business area to ensure that our customers are receiving the highest level of customer service and that the products provided reflect the highest levels of excellence that makes Speedy the best and the safest hire company to do business with.
Please note that this is a Regional role and you will need to have a flexible approach to travel. This role will cover the North area which encompasses Edinburgh, Grangemouth and the surrounding areas.Ideal candidate
- Expert knowledge of our industry leading fleet of generators, compressors and pumps
- Experience or knowledge of the hire industry
- Committed to delivering first class customer service
- Ability to negotiate and build strong relationships
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience in selling products and services to end user
- Evidence of attained sales and profitability growth
- Demonstrates the ability to understand customer needs and can get things done
- Confidence to work on own initiative
- Good planning and preparation skills
- High level of integrity and trust
- Ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated, committed to meeting deadlines and to manage multiple requirements and demands effectively
- Commitment to self-development
- Driving licence
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operational Buyer - Southern region
South West England
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Fire and Security Project Manager
£30000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: Company Car OR Car Allowance
£20000 per annum
Test and Run Technician
Painter and Decorator x 3
£14 - £14.50 per hour