|Location||West Calder||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£20,000 pro-rated||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for a Technical Operations Technician on a 6 months fixed term contract.
You will provide assistance using various networks, CCTV, alarm and cell call systems while working with the Technical Operations Engineer and Technical Operations Manageer to identify problems, find workarounds and permanent solutions.
HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£20,000 pro-rated plus excellent benefits (including free meals and parking, group discount schemes and pension with 28 days holiday pro-rated)
Operational requirements may require attendance at the establishment on weekends and evenings.Main responsibilities
- Completion of daily checks, daily tool checks and documentation
- Logging of all calls
- Processing basic change requests e.g. new user set up, file/folder access, leaver forms
- Checking and release of emails through MainMarshal
- Escorting of 3rd party contractors
- Production of FAQ guides for all supported systems
- Take ownership of the ordering process for the site. Raising and tracking purchase orders, placing orders, taking delivery of orders, completion of GRN forms and resolution of any issues with orders.
- Installation of new equipment, fax, phones, scanners and printers
- General housekeeping e.g. stock taking and control, ensuring the IT office is maintained to an acceptable standard reducing negating health and safety risks
- Completion of the Quarterly security group audit
- First-rate knowledge/familiarity with MS Office (2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365)
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Previous experience in a first line systems support or similar IT role would be advantageous
- Ability to work individually or as part of a pro-active team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Able to obtain SC clearance and Disclosure Scotland
- Ability to work outside normal office hours as dictated by projects/incidents
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.