- Job Reference: 00084739-1
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Open to fully remote
Linaro has driven open source software development on Arm since 2010, providing the tools, Linux kernel quality and security needed for a solid foundation to innovate on. Linaro works with member companies and the open source community to maintain the Arm software ecosystem and enable new markets on Arm architecture.
If you have a passion for open source and want to be part of a community, then you belong at Linaro. Linaro offers you the opportunity to advance your career in an outstanding environment for professional growth, all while working alongside a team of world-class open source experts on leading edge technology.
Job Summary: In this role you will mentor and provide leadership for technical staff, as well as actively participating in development work.
Your responsibilities will include:
* line management of a small number of technical staff
* Develop the scopes of work and effort estimates for project proposals and SOWs
* Hands-on technical contributions
Linaro teams are distributed geographically so you need to be self organized, communicate well in English both written and oral form, be flexible and willing to adapt to the processes in place in order to meet the project’s goals and attend meetings with global participants.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Technical lead for a project based on the agreed upon statement of work.
* Linux development of open source software and upstreaming of code.
* Develop and deliver hands-on technical contributions and patch reviews.
* Show progress towards achieving the goals outlined in the statement of work.
* Ensure delivery of world-class software to our clients
* Engage with the client management and staff members as needed
* Develop strong working relationships with the client and build their confidence
Required skills and experience:
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong English language communication skills
* Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team
* Strong Open source development tools and methodologies.
* Experience submitting code to upstream projects.
* Experience developing the Linux kernel.
Desired skills and experience:
* Experience with Arm SoC’s and Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets.
* Experience with Open Source Graphics (DRM, KMS, Mesa, Xorg and/or Wayland)
* Experience with Linux power management framework
* Experience with Debian, Open Embedded or the Yocto Project.
* Experience with Android
Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, international travel will be required, from time to time, for attendance at Linaro Connect meetings, industry conferences, team sprints and on rare occasions to Member/customer sites