|Salary:||€19500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lizzy Gray|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2019 16:37|
The scheduler manages planned and reactive work ensuring it is appropriately prioritised and completed by the field teams. You will prioritise planned and reactive work based on criticality.
Duties will include:
- Ensure field staff has enough work in schedule.
- Working closely with the planner to deliver an efficient scheduler.
- Manage high priority work using resource efficiently and effectively.
- Manage work in a non-completed status and follow up any actions.
- Building a strong rapport and networking with planners, field managers and technicians.
- You will have a direct impact in the delivery of Thames Water’s maintenance plan.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet demanding targets in this fast paced position.
- Making effective decisions is crucial for this key role as well as working with regular change.
- Prioritise your workload effectively to deliver and efficient scheduled in a high pressured and demanding environment.
- Strong communicator and take pride in your work.
- Self-motivator, focussed and personable individual would succeed in this role as well as having the ability to work autonomously yet part of a wider team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team of schedulers delivering a schedule of work to the largest water and wastewater company in the UK. You will be the face of the company, representing our values to our customers. Working in a highly planned and organised team, no two days will be the same – this is a chance to make a real difference to our customers and our business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.