|Job Title:||Technical Coordinator|
|Salary:||£31000 - £41000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2019 17:01|
To provide technical support and planning for the Strategic Pumping Station and Trunk Sewer Network for the large infrastructure projects in Central London. You will be responsible for making sure that work is planned safely and adequately in advance to avoid delays and ensure efficient program delivery for key stakeholders. Responsible for delivering network infrastructure and process improvements to the catchment, to ensure key KPIs are met and an excellent stakeholder journey.
To manage specific activities within a designated area / remit including leading on briefed projects and providing support on larger scale projects. This role will incorporate some or all the accountabilities listed below:
- Co-ordinate briefed projects and activities, provide and deliver reports, presentations and analysis of data as necessary.
- Support the department by liaising or attending meetings with key internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- You will need to develop safe systems of work for complex tasks including confined space activities.
- A large focus on being site based, with the need to issue authorization permits and the potential for un-social hours, including nights and weekend working.
- Design and deliver effective solutions as directed, building on existing research or evidence.
- Input into the control and monitoring of costs against the team business plan and cost centre. Identify and report additional costs incurred and cost reduction/avoidance opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures and external Regulations and best practices. Includes relevant TWUL policies and procedures.
- Deliver excellent customer service and continuous improvement.
- Typically, at least 2 years relevant business or technical experience
- High attention to detail
- Good communication skills and proactive in approach
- Good understanding of customer expectations and our customer base and understanding of project delivery
- An awareness of business procedures and processes
- Ability to mentor & transfer skills to others
- Ability to liaise at all levels and influence beyond span of control
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software
- Driving Licence
- Willing to enter the sewage network once essential training is completed
An opportunity to work as part of a team supporting delivering of key infrastructure projects in Central London, working with key stakeholders including Tideway Tunnel, London Underground, High Speed 2, Thames Water Capital Delivery and building developers.
This role provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of significantly important infrastructure projects in the capital, whilst optimizing the existing asset base that provides essential services to our customers.
This role will allow for development of new and existing competencies for H&S in planning complex works, project planning and communication skills due to the large stakeholder engagement.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance, 25 Days Holiday, Profit Share Bonus
£31400 - £34400 per annum
Technical Process Lead
£38250 - £48000 per annum
System Optimisation Engineer
£32725 - £44275 per annum
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 5% pension, 25 days holiday