|Location||Yeovil, Somerset||Job Type||Permanent|
An interesting position for a Technical Communications Manager has become available working with an important avionics manufacturing business who are viewed globally to be at the forefront of their field.
As Technical Communications Manager, you will be joining the UK team based at their Yeovil site in the South West of England.
Working within Business Support - Services Specialist, this is a unique opportunity to work with a business who are world leaders in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters who have a great heritage and pride themselves both on their reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for their people.
What we can offer you:
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
As a Technical Communications Manager, your main purpose is to:
Operating at a management and AW101 aircraft platform level within Product Support Engineering, the job holder will provide coordinating leadership across the Business Units and Operations for all technical communication to the MoD and Export customers.
This will range from advisory, mandatory/alert & SI (T) communication covering all aspects of the aircraft and its support equipment, initiated from Customer, AW or Vendor sources.
Working at the customer interface, the job holder will also coordinate/manage communication both internally and with customers following In-Service Occurrences, for which out of hours working may be required.
Key Responsibility Areas:
* Service Bulletin (SB) / SI (T) / Modification Leaflet Management.
* Management of Service Bulletin (SB) closure plans.
* Engineering Interface for draft ETI and supportability / fleet impacts.
* In Service Occurrences Management to include distribution and response of Important Notification Flight Safety (INFS).
* Product Advisory Notice (PAN) Management of distribution and response.
* Product Improvement Leaflet (PIL) Management of distribution and response.
* Vendor Communication Management.
* Resource and priority management interfacing with Production Services.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Proven and successful track record in Project Management/Tech Support within an aerospace environment, with a sound competence/academically qualified in Maths, English and Engineering.
* Operate in an international team environment with communication skills; professionalism and the appropriate demeanour to represent the company and work with the customer are essential.
* A sound knowledge of helicopter operations and maintenance requirements, integrated logistic support and associated support disciplines.
* Understand the engineering criteria and processes underpinning helicopter airworthiness and safe operation.
* Project management skills and experience, including risk management and cost benefit analysis.
* Have an understanding of configuration mg and the modifications process.
* Capable of concurrent management of a number of tasks through to completion.
* Good document control and reporting skills.
* Sound knowledge of company operating procedures, across LH geographies.
* To be resilient under pressure and maintain a clear focus on goals and priorities.
* The ability to collect, collate, analyse and present complex information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally.
* Confident use of the Company's core business applications.
* Good problem solving abilities and the ability to apply them in an operational environment, with the interpersonal skills necessary to motivate a multi-functional and international team.
For further information or to apply please contact Lisa Darbyshire on 01793 317851 or email
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.