- Job Reference: 00033485-1
- Date Posted: 9 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Slough, Berkshire
- Salary: £32,000 to £34,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Technical Coordinator - Construction Waterproofing Technologies
An excellent new opportunity has arisen within this progressive industry leader for a technically-minded individual who enjoys being customer focussed and pro-active and a desire to succeed in a challenging technical / specification sales environment within the construction industry.
Based within the internal technical support team that handles in-bound customer enquiries, the team assists with specifying waterproofing designs for a portfolio of projects, from small domestic projects to multi-million pound developments across the UK.
You will be responsible for providing a professional level of technical, sales and marketing support to Structural Engineers, contractors and Architects, whilst promoting the company, its specialist products and services.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Receiving and progressing telephone and emailed technical customer enquiries from Architects, contractors and engineers.
* Preparing technical correspondence/ reports, CAD drawings, sectional details.
* Offering appointments for external advisors to visit customers.
* Providing occasional on-site support (local projects only).
* Contacting architectural and engineering practices to identify whether an opportunity exists and monitor the project until appropriate for the field technical advisors to be involved.
* Uncovering relevant opportunities during calls.
* Identifying the decision makers, contract type and value etc.
* Monitoring, develop and maintain projects added to the CRM database.
* Conducting specific market campaigns.
Currently, the successful candidate will be home working however, if the candidate feels comfortable to do so, may need to attend the office on an ad-hoc basis. I can confirm that the office is set up in compliance with Covid-19 safety rules, masks must be worn at all times whilst inside the premises and social distancing must be observed.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The position requires a technically minded and highly motivated individual who:
* Can read construction drawings.
* Has experience working with designers (architects, engineers, consultants).
* Has an understanding of construction principles and techniques.
* Has experience speaking with customers, preferably within a similar customer advice/technical support / internal sales-related environment.
* Ideally with an Architectural, Structural/Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Construction or even geographical qualification.
* You will need to be comfortable talking to contractors and other industry professionals.
* Either way, good customer service/support skills, the ability to ask questions and think laterally, organisational and time management skills are all required.
You will need to be living within the Slough area or nearby but is reachable by public transport.
Forest Engineering are working on an exclusive basis with this client.
In return, a salary of £32-£34k is offered (Dep on relevant industry exp and skills), +Co. bonus scheme+life assurance+pension+free on-site parking and possibility of career progression