Technical Claims Handler
|Job Title:||Technical Claims Handler|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2019 10:39|
An extremely successful international law firm, are looking for a Technical Claims Handler to join their team in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes.
You will be working Monday - Friday full time hours 09.30 - 5.30 pm & receive a salary circa £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) + amazing benefits.
The client offer amazing company benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex amongst others!
You will be able to identify gaps in information and investigate notifications effectively protecting the insurer and the insured's position. You will be delivering a service that ensures that the Insured and broker are advised and guided towards the appropriate outcome. Investigation and identification of strategy to resolve matters will be essential, taking into account the cost benefit analysis and commercial background. You will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other Claims Handlers and Managers in training and coaching other team members.
- Running a full caseload of professional indemnity claims, having an accurate understanding of the delegated authority principles and reporting requirements on all matters falling outside of the delegated authority with minimal supervision, being able to make strategic decisions in Insurers' best interests.
- Investigation and identification of an Insured's exposure to claims, identifying and obtaining information relevant to liability and quantum and providing guidance and assistance to the Insured in response to complaints and claims, including approving settlement offers.
- Negotiating settlement of claims within the delegated authority.
- Investigating and reporting to Insurers on policy cover and response.
- Actively managing panel solicitors as agent for Insurers, including reporting where claims fall outside the delegated authority.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of data on the case management system.
- Understanding the importance of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators of the team and ensuring adherence to these standards.
- Supporting the manager(s) in respect of supervision and training of other team members.
As the ideal candidate you will have either a Law degree or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification; alternatively significant experience in claims with technical knowledge and expertise.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, and an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service, strong decision making skills, ability to plan and organise, customer focussed and target driven, comprehensive technical claims knowledge and experience, comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework, hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated, demonstrable experience of relationship management (internal and external), ability to adapt to shifting priorities and adapt plans accordingly, consistently producing high quality work even when under tight timescales, organised and efficient, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team, ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations and clients and good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) Previous experience of working with a case management system.
So, hopefully the above has ticked all of your boxes, in which case, please click on apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's