|Job Title:||Technical Author|
|Contact Name:||Lee Powell|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2019 16:36|
Length: 4 Month Contract
This is an important role supporting the busy Technical writing team of a prominent and global engineering company in Gloucestershire.
You will be required to produce high quality user documentation which comprises mostly of maintenance procedures. Content is typically delivered either as XML or PDF for project deliverables or as part of update cycles.
* Create, update and maintain technical reference, maintenance and operational content for use by field engineers & technicians.
* Write structured documentation (using Arbortext Editor) in a content management system (PTC WindChill).
* Strong technical writing skills to produce clear, concise, and accurate content for a wide range of users
* Edit documents supplied from subject matter experts according to corporate standards and style.
* Obtain source information from internal project documentation sources and interviews with project team members.
Experience and skills:
*Technical writing experience in an engineering environment.
*Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
*Capable of communicating with Engineering and technical professionals.
A good working knowledge and recent use of:
*Arbortext Editor or similar XML authoring tool
*Use of a Component Content Management System (CCMS). Preferably WindChill.
*Illustration/digital photography/photo editing applications. Preferably Adobe suite. - Basic
For more information regarding this role please call Lee Powell on 01453 829530 or to make an application send a CV.
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. Omega Resource Group is a technical and engineering specialist agency and we also recruit for Graphic designers, technical authors, technical illustrators, editors, document controllers, publishers and more.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's