|Salary||£28000 - £32000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
As the Technical Advisor within the Asset Management team, you will link asset planning and modelling managers to the system risk programme, trunk mains risk and leakage programmes, critical valve check programme and the day to day understanding of out-performance. The role requires strong GIS and analytic capabilities, as well as less common software such as Oracle R and FME (Feature Manipulation Engine).
The role will involve importing, cleaning, transforming, validating or modelling data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes.
You may also be required create and compile data in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data and in some organisations it also includes building or designing data input or data collection screens.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Analysing and collating data from a variety of sources across Thames to support development of risk models, asset plans and network models.
- GIS Mapping and analysis.
- Supporting development and maintenance of an auditable set of data, to underpin strategic decision making.
- Undertaking analysis to support the understanding of, and confidence in, future risk to network assets.
- Supporting operation expenditure cost analysis of asset performance.
- Liaison with key stakeholders across the business ranging from front line operational staff to strategic planning groups.
- Supporting Asset Planners to undertake asset studies to identify causes of failure and solutions.
- This is a technical position, where the successful applicant will have professional or academic experience in the field of Data Management and GIS.
- Experience of working in the water industry would be advantageous but not necessary.
- You will have a passion for big data, numbers and everything analytical.
- Strong eye for detail and proven problem-solving ability.
- Exposure to statistical packages (R) and a strong interest in analytics and statistical probability modelling.
- You will have the ability to analyse large, complex raw data sets, including application of statistical methods.
- Ability to adapt to demands and work collaboratively in a pressurised environment.
- Experience of analysing risk using the common framework approach and spatial and network analysis using GIS (Geographical Information System) would be beneficial.
- You will need to be proficient in GIS and IT systems and will need to be highly analytical.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is paramount due to the requirements of the role.
- Proven experience of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required.
- Access or other relational database experience or a desire to learn relational database management would be very beneficial.
You will play a pivotal role is to strategy and operations within the company. This role is varied, and you will liaise with stakeholders across the business which in turn will give you great exposure. You will look at cost, risk, expenditure and as a result you will have a direct impact on our customers. There is an opportunity to develop and expand your skill set, particularly an interest in developing GIS skills, geo-statistical methods, SQL and NoSQL.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 24 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.