|Salary||Band 5 starting salary of £35,549||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
BeNCH CRC are currently recruiting for a Team Manager/Senior Probation Officer based in Peterborough.Package description
Band 5 starting salary £35,549 per annum
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
- Lead on the delivery of LDU operational performance at a local level in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Ensure the delivery of the objectives of the annual business and equality plans at a local level
- Provide professional oversight on higher risk and/or complex cases and the risk review process. Engage in quality assurance activity.
- Ensure that all team resources are deployed effectively.
- Lead the team in maintaining a service user focus and positive response to all stakeholders
- Provide line management for locally based responsible officers, monitor and manage staff workload and performance.
- Ensure that the sentence of the court is delivered effectively
- Develop processes and efficient work practices that support continuous improvement.
- Recruit, appoint, develop and deploy staff as appropriate
- Engage with local partnerships
- Actively engage with the BeNCH CRC central hub, local supply chain and the NPS as required to ensure a smooth interface and the coordinated delivery of services. Build and maintain a collaborative approach with other CRC teams and other agencies as required.
- Leadership and management experience
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Able to plan and organise effectively
- Results orientated
- Understanding of public protection
- Resource management and proven ability to achieve efficiencies
- Proven ability to develop mature, productive relationships with internal and external service providers, key stakeholders and partners
- Ability to build strong working relationships with others
- Strategic thinking, understanding policy and legal context, to make meaningful decisions in complex situations
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Management qualification or VQ5 or the ability to demonstrate previous experience for the role
- Previous Management experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of Criminal Justice sector
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties of Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire from: Hemel, Stevenage, Cheshunt, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Bedford, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Peterborough and Wisbech. BeNCH CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.