- Job Reference: 00049802-1
- Date Posted: 7 January 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Matson, Gloucestershire
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We would like to recruit full time Team Leaders to join our friendly team at Edward House, Matson. Working at Edward House you will be supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. Preferably experience of working in a similar environment but not essential as training is provided.
You will also need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK.
Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To supervise the day-to-day delivery of care, to ensure that service users needs are met and that they participate appropriately in daily household and leisure activities.
* To be responsible for the care, welfare and safety of service users and the health and safety of staff
* To take on the role of case coordinator for individual service users and to participate in the reviewing, reassessing and changing of person centred support plans to ensure they are up-to-date and in line with the individuals needs.
* To participate, as required, in the recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
* To undertake monthly supervisions with staff as delegated and participate in the staff appraisal programme for subordinate staff
* To act as a staff skills coach and undertake appropriate team building and training programmes, designed to meet an individuals needs or the Company’s staff development program.
* To ensure that the requirements of legislation, Care Standards and the Company’s Policies and Procedures are followed.
* To prepare service user and staff reports and ensure that the required records are maintained and up-to-date.
* To develop links with service users families and the professionals, statutory agencies and advocates who assist and support them.
* To be responsible for the accurate recording and checking of budgets/finances, including service users money, which has been allocated to you.
* Ensure that the storage, administration and recording of all drugs are in accordance with the GP’s instructions and Company policy.
* To participate in the implementation of communications systems that will regularly inform and update carers, service users and staff.
* To attend training or development sessions, where training needs have been identified, to update or maintain your skills. (Passing these courses is in some cases a requirement for continued employment)
* To attend regular supervision meetings with your manager and to participate in the organisations staff appraisal system.
* To work away from the home as and when necessary and assist service users with activities, holidays and days/evenings away from the home.
* To complete other duties that may be requested, as and when they occur.
The successful candidate will have:
* To have worked with the relevant service user group for at least a year
* To have passed LDAF Induction, LDAF Foundation, and ideally NVQ level 2 in Care.
* To have passed or be prepared to undertake the NVQ Assessors qualification for NVQ level two assessments.
* To have at least one year’s experience in a residential or day service setting
* To be able to write clear and accuarate reports in English
* To have had experience of writing reports and organising client led meetings
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
Dedicated learning and development programmes
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
Free DBS check
Refer a friend scheme’ reward system - earn up to £250 per referral
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Company Share Save Scheme
CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants
You may be aware of new regulations which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions.
The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021