|Job Title:||Team Leader|
|Salary:||Up to £13.33 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2019 16:44|
Derby (City Centre)
Temporary - Full Time
Team leaders at our site in Derby City Centre, are responsible for the leadership of the departments movement and transportation of materials and components to a front line customers production facility. The warehouse moves parts for one the world's leading train manufacturing companies, with an order book extending well into 2020.
You will lead each team to ensure that materials are kept in stock, move from warehouse to production line efficiently, communication is kept consistent and clear between team members & that all of this fast paced environment is mirrored with a health & safety compliant culture.
The role entails critical and fast thinking to react and adapt to an ever changing and demanding client and production timescale. Delays or challenges to production can have devastating impacts to delivery so it is essential that you have knowledge or experience in Just in Time (JIT) Production to minimise the risk & impact to the customer.
Reporting to the Shift Operation Manager:
* Ensuring the team operate within site H&S policy and SSOW
* Development and succession planning within the team
* Managing a team of FLT Operators, ensuring all kitted material is delivered on time to the production lines
* Liaising with the customer, keeping them up to date with material supply issues
* Attending customer production meetings
* Driving performance to ensure KPI targets are met and exceeded where possible
* Managing absence/sickness/holidays and discipline within the team
* Providing relevant daily inputs into the PD meetings
* Compiling daily KPIs
Your Skills / Experience:
* Supervisory experience
* Experience dealing within a front-line customer on site
* Experience with Just in Time (JIT) process
* Experience with Six Sigma
* Ideally you would have experience within lean manufacturing
* Any experience within the following business's would be a bonus; Toyota, Bombardier, JCB or Jaguar - Land rover
* Previous experience working in supply chain, logistics, manufacturing, food production or Automotive.
The Pay Rate:
£13.33 per hour
Monday to Friday- 07.30 until 16.00 - however must be flexible to work between the hours 06.00am until 22.00pm
This site is located in the centre of Derby and well covered by local public transport, as well as being walking distance from the train station and also has ample on-site parking.
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the relevant experience shown above, please apply now with an up to date CV
We look forward to hearing from you!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£21000 per annum, Benefits: Holidays & Overtime
Project Design Team Leader
£25600 per annum
Team Leader - Logistics
£26695 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday + statutory; 4% employer pension contribution
Team Leader / Supervisor
£10.13 - £11.14 per hour
CNC Machine Shop Team leader
£30000 - £35000 per annum