Teaching Assistant (Term Time only)
- Job Reference: 00061859-1
- Date Posted: 17 June 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Aintree, Merseyside
- Salary: £9.79 to £10.89 Per Hour
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Teacher Assistant (ASC Provision)
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to: HLTA
Salary Range £9.59 - £10.59 per hour
40 hours a week, Term Time only ( Working 39 weeks a year)
Location: Cavendish View Primary School, Walton, L9 1NB Liverpool
At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
To provide a high-quality education support service to students, in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices and the standards set by the Regulatory Body.
* To support the class teacher in order to ensure the delivery of a high-quality education for all students
* To support the class teacher to ensure that all relevant education policies and procedures are implemented in full
* To provide relevant and appropriate support to students, on an individual or group basis, in order to enable them to access the curriculum as independently as possible
* To promote, in line with Company policies, the physical, educational and moral development of the students
* To ensure that the available equipment and resources are used, stored and maintained efficiently, reporting any maintenance issues to the appropriate staff
* To support the class teacher in organising the classroom, its resources, student groupings and displays to provide a stimulating learning situation appropriate for students with SEMH/Complex Needs
* To support the teacher to write, update, implement and evaluate documentation relating to the individual student.
* To work collaboratively with the class teacher to adequately plan to ensure the safety of students, in line with risk assessments, while both on and off site
* To produce appropriate and effective resources/teaching aids at the request of, and following a brief provided by, the class teacher and/or tutor
* To contribute as a member of the School’s multi-professional team, ensuring good working relationships with colleagues
* To contribute to and help implement developments that relate to the School Development Plan
* Work with and manage challenging behaviour, enabling learners to develop from needing external control, to developing self-control
* To make, use and keep records in accordance with Company policies and procedures and standards set by the Regulatory Body
* To keep up-to-date with specified subject area, educational practice and SEND-related information
* Safeguard all learners and ensure their safety and wellbeing
* Liaise with staff from other departments to provide a consistent approach to all aspects of learner education
* Maintain regular communication and liaison both informally and in meeting times, ensuring a consistent approach to education of learners
* Ensure that the service operates to agreed budgets and contribute to keeping within these budgets as instructed
* Exercise vigilance in respect of Health and Safety and promptly report all hazards and/or remedying them where appropriate. Undertake all duties in a manner calculated to minimise or avoid unnecessary risks, personally or to others.
* Report issues and/or incidents relating to staff and students that have arisen in the day promptly to the relevant Line Manager or appropriate person
* Operate at all times in accordance with Company policies and procedures, with particular reference to Safeguarding, Child Protection, Whistleblowing, Complaints and Representations and Behaviour Policies
* Participate in training and take responsibility for personal development
* Participate in team meetings, supervisions and annual reviews in accordance with Company policy and the standards set by the Regulatory Body
* Work to promote the school as a valued, professional asset within its community and conduct themselves at all times in a manner that reinforces this image
* Ensure that all actions are in the interests of the students and the Company.
* To work to and exhibit the values of the Company and maintain standards of behaviour in accordance with Company policies, procedures and practices
* To carry out any other reasonable and relevant duties as required
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
Successful candidates for all posts will undergo a minimum of 6 months’ probation period.
Ambito Care and Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults. All offers of employment are subject to rigorous pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, in line with our stringent safer recruitment policy.
Full covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
Expirence Working as a Teacing Assistant
closing date 28/02/2022