|Salary||£9 - £12 per hour, Benefits: Free CPD||Sector||Education & Training|
This role is 30 hours a week over a 3 day period and will start immediately with the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
You will be supporting a 9 year old child who has an acquired brain injury and requires 1:1 support to provide guidance, encouragement and supervision to maintain safety. Support will be based at school, at home, and out in the community. Activities will include:
- Working from a personalised timetable
- Completing home work after school
- Trips out in the community such as the park, swimming, and horse riding
- Indoor and outdoor play
- Working as part of a team with parents, siblings, and other care workers
We are looking for someone who is professional and committed, someone who wants to make a difference, and isn’t afraid to have fun in the process!
This role will be based at the child’s school and at their family home and the successful candidate must have:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience working with students who display challenging behaviours
- A successful background supporting students with special educational needs
- The ability to promote independence and reflect on events
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A non-judgemental approach and be resilient
- A background working as a care worker would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A valid Team Teach certification or the availability to attend our next course
- Determination and assertiveness
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- A commitment to safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Flexibility and the ability to be adaptable
- A full driving licence with own car and business insurance
You will have access to ongoing, free, CPD via EduCare – A nationally recognised education training provider:
- Safeguarding Young People
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- ADHD Awareness
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Child Protection in Education
- First Aid Essentials
If you think that this is the right job for you please ‘apply now’ or contact the Leeds office and speak with Sarah Payne Bushnell.
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.