Teaching Assistant (SEN or General)
- Job Reference: 00023445-1
- Date Posted: 16 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £65.00 to £75.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
With Covid-19 and the effect its had on schools, everyone is uncertain about how its going to pan out, but the one thing we are sure of is that the kids are going to need more support as their days are going to look very different.
If you have prior experience of working with Secondary aged pupils, and value the importance of ensuring every child receives an education our TA roles are perfect for you !!
The role would involve working in Secondary Schools in Bristol or Bath to support Students in their lessons throughout the day. You will be required to support them around the school and prepare modified resources for pupils.
You would work alongside highly competent and experienced colleagues who all hold the pupil's best interests first. Working 1:1 alongside a pupil within the provision, this role would enable you to direct the pupils learning to help to ensure that they were making satisfactory progress within all areas of their learning. You would build a relationship up with the pupil to enable them to feel inspired and empowered by education
The successful applicant should have excellent communication skills, in order to work well with other members of the visually impaired support team and classroom teachers of visually impaired students.
This is a full time role and will start after as soon as possible and will continue up until the May half term and possibly longer
* Dedicated consultants with experience of working in education
* Free training provided, both online and on-site
* Refer a friend scheme with the opportunity to get up to £300
* Specialist career advice and progression opportunities
* Previous experience working with children is a must
* Level 2 Teaching Assistant or equivalent, desirable
* Work with pupils both inside the classroom and elsewhere to encourage independence, maintain personal confidence
* Support Students to access the school and wider learning
* Ensure that pupils are properly safeguarded and supported
* Support basic administrative duties such as displaying work
* Ensure all Covid-19 guidelines are adhered to