|Salary||£19,536 per annum||Sector||Education & Training|
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Teacher (cover) to challenge and motivate hard to reach and difficult learners and cover classes of teachers who are absent from work or taking annual leave.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
£19,536 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
30 hours per week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8am to 5.30pm and Friday 8am to 12.30 pmMain responsibilities
- Understand the Functional skills curriculum in a range of levels of Maths and English and offer cover for those classes when necessary and on the request of management.
- Have a quick grasp of Personal and Social Education subjects such as Citizenship and Preparation for Work and cover those classes on the request of management.
- Ensure that Quality Assurance is of a very high standard and will meet inspection requirements by Team Leaders, management and OFSTED.
- Able challenge and motivate hard to reach and difficult learners.
- Follow rules and procedures that are laid down by the Prison Service and Forest Bank.
- Work with teachers who are going on annual leave to better understand and be prepared for what you will need to deliver.
- Graduate calibre (Preferably with a degree in a relevant subject area and a teaching qualification)
- Ability to follow the Adult Core Curriculum and be able to deliver lessons to a high standard in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use interactive whiteboards to a very high standard.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.