|Salary||£13.27 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector, Building & Construction|
30 - 37 hours per week
£13.27 per hour
Pertemps Dundee is recruiting on behalf of our public sector client, for a Task Supervisor to take on an immediate temporary assignment for up to 3 months.
The purpose of this position is deliver a statutory social work service to offenders in the Criminal Justice System, in line with National Outcomes and Standards, working as a member of the Unpaid Work Team to train, instruct and supervise small groups of offender's subject to statutory orders who are undertaking a broad range of activities and tasks.
Ideal candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of a range of manual and trade tasks or skills, joinery skills, painting/decorating skills, gardening skills, arts and crafts.
Hours and days of work will vary dependent on rota and will include evenings and weekends.
- Train, instruct, assess and supervise groups of offenders undertaking community payback orders
- Develop, manage and undertake project work which is diverse and has a wide range of tasks to suit the varied needs and abilities of clients
- Demonstrate a positive value base, behaving in a consistent and reliable manner, ensuring service users and stakeholders are treated fairly and with respect, working proactively and autonomously
- Produce all relevant reports and maintain both electronic and written case and administrative records in accordance with company policies
- Ensure that good practice and continuous professional development of self is maintained in line with policy and procedure, agreed standards and legislation, in line with statutory obligations
- Experienced trades background
- Comprehensive knowledge of a range of manual and trade tasks or skills, joinery skills, painting/decorating skills, gardening skills, arts and crafts
- Ability to supervise and train
- Current driving licence
- Good computer skills and have practical experience of using Microsoft Office software
Due to the nature of the role the candidates must hold a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record (PVG for adults) or be willing to apply. Applicants are required to pay for their PVG themselves.
If you hold the required skills and experience please apply below or call us on 01382 221234 for an informal chat about this role.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.