- Job Reference: 00039390-1
- Date Posted: 17 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Plymouth, Devon
- Salary: £30,000 to £43,445
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Devonport, Plymouth or Ashchurch, Tewkesbury
Up to £43,445
About the Role
Working as part of our Defence Systems Technology (DST) business we're looking for a Systems Engineer to join us. DST forms a critical part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, our 1,500 strong team operate from a number of sites across the UK and internationally ensuring our global customer portfolio is always supported.
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is transforming and we need you to support our key leaders in forging new paths, leading their teams through exciting, but sometimes challenging change.
Our Mission Systems, Information Systems provides support to the MoD and Partners Across Government (PAG) for various communications, Signals Intelligence (SIGNIT), Situation Awareness (SA) and engineering services projects.
We are now looking to recruit a System Engineer to support on both in service design changes as well as new concept design and installation on a variety of cutting edge technologies for our clients. Using your expert knowledge you will provide in depth support across Architectural Design, Concept Generation, Functional Analysis and Design Integrity.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading defence engineering organisation that will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a variety of high profile projects.
You will need to have extensive experience in a technical discipline and have the gravitas to work within a multi-disciplinary team. We would also like you to have all or some experience with the below duties;
* Ability to liaise with customer and supplier representatives in the elicitation and acceptance of user and system requirements.
* Experience managing requirements and their acceptance throughout the lifecycle.
* Undertaking technical management of sub-contractors, both external and internal within levels of delegated authority.
* Maintaining technical documentation for systems and/or projects as applicable.
* To undertake the role of Technical Lead for tasks/projects whose complexity is within the capability of the post-holder.
* Producing boundary diagrams and identify responsibility ownership.
* Delivery of Design, Concept Generation, Analysis and Systems Integration, Verification and Validation.
What do I need to do the role?
* Have a positive "can do" attitude.
* Demonstrate a drive to deliver results on time, meeting cost and quality targets, taking ownership of problems / issues whilst working diligently towards a resolution.
* Be a good communicator, both written and oral, and able to liaise at all levels with customers/stakeholders.
* Suitably qualified to HNC as minimum.
What else do I need to know?
* The role will be based at either our Devonport (Plymouth) or Ashchurch (Tewksbury) sites.
* We welcome discussions around flexible working.
* Full time permanent position.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here