|Job Title:||Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||flexible depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hannan|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2018 10:06|
A groundbreaking marine combustion engine developer currently have an opening for an enthusiastic systems engineer to work in their new offices located on the south coast. The successful applicant will join a small team in developing an innovative power dense marine diesel engine and associated components. Continual challenges are rewarded with a dynamic environment, where new ideas and analytical predictions are quickly realised.
Responsibilities and Duties
The systems engineering team is responsible for progressing the new model through its life cycle and ensuring the requirements of all stakeholders are considered and met. The team addresses to the ongoing need to co-ordinate the engineering effort and establish the supply of outboards into the market.
As systems engineer, you will take ownership of a system of parts and be responsible for:
• Creating and maintaining the necessary system lifecycle documentation to ensure correct and reliable function and integration into the product
• Ensuring that all work progressing in relation to the system of parts is in line with the stakeholder requirements
• Working cohesively with other systems engineers and the wider business to ensure decisions are made with the wider implications in mind
• Setting up and leading internal and external discussions as appropriate to support deliverables
• On occasion, supporting the Principal Engineer Systems with the department's drive for continuous improvement by contributing to development of templates, processes, training of new team members etc.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• Clear positive work ethic with a desire to work to get the job done rather than working to the clock
• An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to achieve technical excellence
• Commitment to achieving the company's long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team
Necessary knowledge and experience:
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or a relevant science discipline
• A solid understanding of fundamental engineering theory and ability to deduce valid technical conclusions on consideration of unfamiliar parts or systems
• Experience or training in project management or systems engineering, with an awareness of product lifecycles and programme phases
• Demonstrable aptitude in responding to high pressure situations with sensible and rational decision making
Please contact Rob at marine Resources in confidence for more information regarding this genuinely exciting opportunity.
email@example.com / tel. 02380 633 399
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's