System Technician (Electrical/Electronics)
|Job Title:||System Technician (Electrical/Electronics)|
|Location:||North Division (within travelling distance from Scarborough)|
|Salary:||£25,918 - £30,492 (dependent on experience) + Vehicle|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 15:27|
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning. We’re looking for a System Technician (Electrical) to join our North Division. The Coastal Maintenance team supports the RNLI through carrying out planned & reactive maintenance, including fault diagnosis & repair on various pieces of equipment. This could be anything from a Lifeguard RWC, L200 to a brand-new state of the art Shannon Class Lifeboat.
Some of the Benefits
- Flexible working
- 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
- Life assurance
- Health and dental cash plan
As a System Technician, you will:
- Action repairs and planned maintenance to RNLI facilities, plant or equipment at station, haul-out facility or other location, as required
- Ensure risk assessments and job cards are created and used for each task undertaken to include SHE: observations, noncompliance and near misses.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining a safe working culture
- Carry out modifications to boats and equipment.
- Sign off relevant paperwork, submitting any recommendations as required
You’ll be someone that is self-motivated and willing to go that extra mile, working either as a part of a team or under your own initiative to the highest of standards, with a first-fix approach to return RNLI SAR assets back on service as soon as possible. You will need to take on new ideas and undertake training where needed. You should have a desire to stay current in the use of existing technology but also be willing and involved in the roll out of new equipment and technology.
To be considered as the System Technician, you will need:
- Time served Engineering apprenticeship or a sound background and experience in mechanical, electrical and/or electronic engineering
- NVQ level 3 minimum or equivalent in an electrical or electronic discipline
- Wide knowledge of diesel and petrol engines/electrical systems; and/or Marine or plant experience; and/or Experience of construction/ modification of electronic equipment; and/or Experience of repair and maintenance of electronic equipment
- To be within reasonable travelling distance to Scarborough
- A valid driving licence.
Other organisations may call this role Electronics Technician, Technician Electronics, Marine Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Technician (Electronic/Electrical)
As this is a sea-going appointment, you will need to satisfy the institution's medical and eyesight standards.
So, if you are ready for your next exciting challenge as system technician and consider yourself to be hard working, self-motivated and want to see how you can support our organisation’s aim to reduce drowning, this could be the role for you.
For more information and to apply online, please use the Apply button below.
Closing date: 1 September 2019.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's