|Salary||£45000 - £50000 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
We are currently seeking an experienced SCADA Engineer to provide System & ICA support to our 24/7 operational waste water treatment sites in the Thames Valley area for both operations and project customers.
Working alongside a group of ICA technicians, this role will be responsible for the support of site based Operational Technology including Wonderware and Rockwell SCADA Systems, Ethernet communication networks and to a lesser extent PLC and RTU’s.
You will form part of the Operational Technology team which is ultimately responsible for the reliability and continuity of the essential services that we provide.
You will identify and escalate operational risk and deliver Regional SCADA systems updates and upgrades.
In this role you will:
- Use your analytical skills you will fault find and problem solve across various technologies; working closely with ICA Technicians.
- Become a subject matter expert for Wonderware System Platform and manage site based Ethernet communication LANs, based predominately on Hirschmann and Westermo equipment.
- Provide input to the capital programme at various stages through the project lifecycle, with emphasis on the delivery stage, ensuring that changes to the operational systems are risk mitigated and efficiently delivered.
- Be part of a team that provides 24/7 on call cover on a 1 in 4/ 5 basis.
- Provide performance reporting, regulatory compliance and systems reliability work on all aspects of Thames Water SCADA work.
- Host regular ICA Technician Technical meetings and liaise with operational teams.
- Develop solutions, processes & procedures to improve our essential services.
- Do you have a background in ICA kit at a PLC level? Are you an expert in the application and use of SCADA Systems?
- We are looking for someone with similar experience who is a good communicator, able to prioritise and stay calm in a reactive environment.
- You will have good working knowledge of IP communications and understanding of general WAN/LAN networking principles.
- A higher qualification in an ICA related discipline and extensive experience in SCADA maintenance is essential.
- Due to the nature of the role, a full UK, driving license is required.
Participation in a 24/7 Out of Hours Standby rota (typically 1 week in 4) will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment, for which you will receive an additional payment.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.