Survival Equipment Supervisor
- Job Reference: 00084341-1
- Date Posted: 30 July 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Wallingford, Oxfordshire
- Salary: £26,500
- Sector: Government & Defence
- Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Survival Equipment Supervisor
Location: Wallingford, Oxfordshire, GB, OX10 6AA
Compensation: £ 26,531.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF32857
We have an exciting opportunity based here at Royal Air Force Benson.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Survival Equipment Supervisor to supervise and ensure the provision of scheduled maintenance, repair and fitting of RAF and Company owned Safety Equipment and Aircrew Equipment Assemblies and all other survival equipment related tasks and activities.
What will you be doing?
* To assist in the Ground Movement of Aircraft and Flight Line Operations.
* Manage, supervise on the provision of all scheduled maintenance, repair, issue and fitting of RAF Aircrew Equipment Assemblies (AEAs) and Company owned Safety Equipment.
* Ensure that all Safety Equipment maintenance is carried out, documented and recorded in accordance with the LAFT Quality Plan, RAF and Company procedures.
* Ensure that all Survival Equipment is issued and fitted to meet customer requirements
* Act as SME on any SE investigations required
* Complete Annual appraisals on all reports.
The experience you'll bring
* RAF Safety Equipment Course or civilian equivalent
* AV-MED, Q-SE-AC (Helmet Fitting)
* Flight Line Operation
* RAF Flying Clothing Maintenance and Fitting
* Experience in a Customer service environment
* RAF Flying Operations and in a Supervisory position.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting
Closing Date: 18/07/2022