- Job Reference: 00040046-1
- Date Posted: 23 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dundee
- Salary: £9.30 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
As an award-winning innovative care provider, we support the elderly and people living with physical disabilities and long-term conditions in their own homes across Scotland. We pride ourselves on our knowledge and passion for delivering complex care, making sure that our customers receive high quality care at home services that can range from visiting a few hours a week to several daily visits.
We deliver our vision of helping our customers live their life to the full through the hard work and dedication of our Support Workers who provide our customers with a wide variety of assistance such as personal hygiene, dressing, medication prompts and light household chores in line with their personal support plans.
Blackwood are currently looking for part-time, full-time and relief Support Workers to join our Dundee Care at Home team. Don’t worry about having any previous care experience, we provide comprehensive training and development opportunities to help you become a great carer!
Our main priority for this job role is to find people who can show our values and behaviours. These are:
· Taking responsibility
· Being open and honest
· Keeping our promises
· Having respect and understanding
The ideal candidate must have:
· A commitment to delivering high quality care
· Strong communication, interpersonal and IT skills
· An ability to work independently in the community and as part of a team
· A relevant qualification (SVQ2), this is not essential as training will be given
· Flexibility to work on a rota basis including early mornings, evenings and weekends
…Could this be you?
The wellbeing of our teams is paramount to us and we continue to support our teams by following all government guidelines and advice from health and regulatory bodies. We have designed specialised training to ensure our teams feel safe and confident which includes Covid-19 e-Learning module for all employees, PPE & Infection Control information resource for all care employees, Infection Control eLearning for all care employees and shadowing with our fully trained and experienced teams.
Blackwood offers a range of employee benefits, including:
· Travel expenses and paid travel time between customer visits
· Fully funded SVQ training on completion of probationary period
· Company sick pay scheme on completion of probationary period
· 34 days’ holiday per annum, pro rata for part-time hours
· Company mobile phone
· Company pension scheme and other benefits
· Payment of PVG and SSSC registration
· EE Perks package – 20% off selected EE products for Blackwood employees and family & friends
We ask that all applicants read the Job Pack available on the vacancy page on our website. All successful candidates will be required to become a PVG scheme member as well as register with the SSSC.
Blackwood are committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
Arrangements can be made for interview prior to and after the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th February 2021, 5pm.
Interviews to take place Thursday 18th February 2021
Options available for an online interview to take place