Support Worker/ Social Care Worker
- Job Reference: 00006751-1
- Date Posted: 14 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £8.72 to £9.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Permanent, Temporary
About the role
We believe that all those working in care and support roles have a critical role to play and this has never been brought more to the forefront in these current times.
In response to the unprecedented events we are experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, we are have number of exciting opportunities that have arisen for highly resourceful and motivated Support Workers, Social Care Workers and Community Care Workers in our homeless services, young people services and registered care services across Birmingham.
Our ideal candidates will possess a passion for working in the care and support sector and will appreciate the importance of providing support for vulnerable adults with varying needs, whilst looking to go that extra mile to allow people to rebuild their lives, by supporting their recovery, healing and resilience and minimising the risk of any future harm.
We are looking for a number Social Care Workers for a number of homes across South Birmingham to join are teams that support both female and males who have learning disabilities, additional health, mobility and physical support needs.
The roles are mixture of part and full time permanent opportunities covering a variety of shifts been a mixture of hours covering (Apply online only) and 14.00- 21.30 hours to include weekends and bank holidays and may change depending on service requirement.
We are also looking Support Workers with relevant experience in providing specialist support to those who require intensive support, to aid there recovery and resilience within a range of services. You will be making real changes in the lives of people experiencing homelessness, preventing crisis and reducing the on-going dependency and ‘revolving door’ into services increasing people’s skills, independence and life opportunities.
* Excellent communication skills as well as a customer focussed approach are essential
* Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, both statutory and non-statutory
* Experience in facilitating customer involvement
* IT Literate and competent with word, excel, support planning software and database management and creation
* Sound knowledge of key health needs that are prevalent to the group
* The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
* Ability to manage competing priorities and work to deadline
* Demonstrating a commitment to safeguarding, strength-based trauma informed support and quality partnership work with our customer
* Caring and sensitive Self-motivated
* A positive attitude around person centred approaches to working with individuals with learning disabilities and associated flexible & reliable
* Experience of working within a busy care environment, including all aspects of care (e.g. personal care, manual handling, daily support) Social Care Worker Role
* Competent administration of medication, recording relevant information accurately as directed.
The necessary mandatory training will be provided; as well additional training to promote development and opportunities would also be made available for those successful candidates.
We are a registered care and support charity that offers services to just over 6000 people within the Midlands. These services include supporting people within registered care, domiciliary care, people with learning difficulties, those with mental health issues, young people at risk, older people, BME groups, people at risk of being homeless and those fleeing domestic abuse. Trident has over 50 years of delivering homes, services and innovation in some of the most disadvantaged communities in the Midlands. It employs more than 800 staff, works with over 150 volunteers and provides training places and apprenticeships for many more
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
All applicants must provide their right to work documentation at interview stage, such as a valid passport which will be verified to check your eligibility to work and live with in the UK
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from Disclosure and barring service (DBS).
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation