INishative Consulting is looking for an experienced Support worker in the Nottingham area, to work at Mental Health projects on a 12 week assignment basis.
Responsibilities for Support worker
To Support service users/tenants to express themselves and make informed choices and decisions about their lives in a way that respects their dignity and rights.
Devise and implement individual care and/or support plans with risk assessments that are not risk averse.
These may include one or more of the following examples:
* Living as independently as possible
* Maintaining good health and hygiene,administrating medications and personal care e.g. dressing washing, shaving and going to the toilet.
* Accessing work, education or training
* Enjoying Leisure time,activities and cultural beliefs in the community
* Keeping in touch with family and friends and making new friends.
* Key work named service users
* Carry out or assist in cooking and other domestic/cleaning tasks.
* Follow and review care and/or support plans with the service user and record progress of plans.
* Assist in the delivery of support to clients who may present behavioural challenges
* Key holding including coordinating other shift staff,administrating medications and handling money.
* Responsibility for safeguarding adults and/or children who have needs for care and support,are experiencing,or are at risk of abuse or neglect and as a result of those needs are unable to protect themselves against the abuse or neglect or the risk of it.
This is a great opportunity for a Support worker looking for a new challenging role - please get in touch ASAP