- Job Reference: 00081033-1
- Date Posted: 11 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Luton, Bedfordshire
- Salary: £10.50 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for a job in care that is rewarding and has set hours Monday to Friday?
Would you love to make a difference in the lives of people with Learning Disabilities?
We need a Full time, permanent Group Support Worker for our busy, active day service for adults with Learning Disabilities.
As part of our team you will :-
- support groups of adults with learning disabilities
- help and encourage them to take part in the activities that they want to do with their friends. This may be at our premises or out and about.
- ideally you may have experience of people with Learning Disabilities but this role may also suit someone who has
- worked in other support roles, youth work, has transferable skills and is willing to learn
- The role includes getting involved in lots of varied activities, you need a flexible and enthusiastic attitude to motivate those you are working with.
- A full driving license is essential as you will be driving our 7 seater vehicles on a daily basis. In addition daily access to your own vehicle is preferable as the role may involve collection and drop off of clients using this depending on your location.
- An enhanced DBS check is essential and references are required.
- Double vaccination and booster (and willing to update as necessary) against COVID and willingness to follow strict IPC measures including regular testing is essential
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am. to 4.15/4.30pm. Your lunch break is taken with the clients and is paid time.
Our main priority for this role is to find people who share our vision. Qualifications are not essential. We need people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own.
We believe people with Learning Disabilities thrive when positively supported to engage in purposeful activities with their peers. You will have excellent communication skills, understanding and empathy for adults with Learning Disabilities. You will share our vision to empower the people you work with; to push boundaries and support them to engage and have a rewarding life whilst developing a sense of responsibility for themselves and towards others and their community.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter why you think the job would suit you. Please also confirm your COVID-19 vaccination status and that you hold a Full UK Driving License