We are currently only recruiting male Support Workers for this role, due to a genuine occupational requirement. A driving licence with class 1 business insurance is essential for this role.
Do you have what it takes to be an inspirational Support Worker for a high energy sports fan?
Our customers choose to live a very healthy and practical lifestyle. They take part in high energy sports including; cycling, skating, tennis, running, going to the gym & for long walks (10km) at a fast pace and they love chatting about, and watching sport in general. At Papworth Trust, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Join our growing team of inspiring Support Workers and remove barriers for people with learning disabilities and autism and deliver the highest level of care support.
Does this describe you?
- I am not fazed by challenging behaviours
- I form/maintain excellent relationships
- I am able to work alone and take responsibility for my own practices
- I am confident in making decisions using my initiative to support customers to make choices
- I am experienced in supporting people
If you are experienced in care or considering a career in care and love sport, can demonstrate you are caring, resilient and passionate, this could be your ideal job and we want to hear from you
Location: Lowestoft & Reydon
Hours: 37.5hrs per week and Bank roles also available
Shifts: We work shifts over a 7 day period and this will include working alternative weekends. With a variety of different customers.
Benefits of becoming a Support Worker:
- Salary £8.91 per hour
- 28 days annual leave
- Choice of 2 pension schemes
- 25% bank holiday enhancement
- Double Time Xmas day, Boxing day and NY day
- Paid training and shadow shifts
- Paid DBS
- Paid for Care Certificate and other professional qualifications
- Career progression routes
- Papworth Rewards High St voucher scheme
- Up to £300 refer a friend
- Organisational sick pay*
- Employee and Family Wellbeing programme
- Full PPE provided
- Immediate COVID vaccination available for Front Line colleagues
- Cycle to work Scheme
If you feel you have the right skills, experience, passion and drive to fulfil this role, and would like to work for a quality service. click 'apply' today to become our Support Worker!
We take the safety of our colleagues seriously and operate a Covid secure environment complemented by comprehensive risk assessments and emotional support for our teams of key workers. Our teams are provided with full PPE and are eligible for immediate vaccination.
All interviews are held remotely via digital platforms.
This role is subject to DBS checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful. Please note that no discourtesy is intended by this practice.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and we welcome applications from Disabled Candidates.
Papworth Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Charity Number: 211234
Please note that Papworth Trust may choose to close this advert earlier than the date advertised