Everything we do is aimed at providing the very best quality and person-centred support in the right location at the right time, making a real difference for the people and communities we support.
Whether you have worked in healthcare, mental health, autism, learning difficulties or people with acquired brain injuries or maybe you have a background in retail and are looking for a career change, this could be the career for you. Turning Point recruits against values and not previous experience.
Everyone is different and so are the people we support. As a valued support worker, you'll be helping people we support to live in their own homes and to lead the life's they want ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for a company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
Turning Point support individuals across the country and we are currently recruiting support workers for supported living locations across Gloucester in Minsterworth and Hucclecote.
We aim to deliver support around the needs and wishes of individuals, we require support staff to actively support individuals to access a variety of community based activities and hobbies including sports activities, cookery, arts & crafts, music and theatre to name just a few.
Where will I be working?
You will be working at one of our supported living services in Gloucester – GL2 or GL3. We offer 24 hour support to people with LD (learning disabilities) and Autism. The level of care required will vary across our services. Some of the people we support have a profound and multiple learning disability and complex health needs others need assistance with daily activities, personal care, medication and mobility as well as daily living tasks.
We endeavour to create positive family relationships offering a good circle of support. There is a strong focus on supporting individuals' lives in a person centred way which includes various activities, shopping, managing own budgets and cooking. We tailor our services to enable people to be as independent as possible.
This is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00 am to 2:00/3:00 pm and 2:00/3:00 pm to 9:00/10:00 pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
Please note that working hours may vary.
Average potential earnings are £22,765 based on 37 hours.
*Potential average earnings are a culmination of colleagues working additional shifts and where applicable sleep ins**
** sleep ins are not required in all services
***not all colleagues will work overtime and therefore potential earnings will differ
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
* promoting the independence of people we support
* supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out or going away on holiday
* arranging activities in the home and in the local community
* developing residents' life skills and personal interests
* helping residents stay safe and healthy
* assisting with personal care needs
* manual handling
* supporting people with medication
* ensuring record keeping is maintained to the required standard at all times and contributing to service monitoring requirements.
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
* passionate, caring and enthusiastic
* flexible, patient and non-judgemental
* a great team player with lots of energy
* able to demonstrate good communication skills
* able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling where needed
* transferable experience of helping people to manage anxiety
Why Turning Point?
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision – and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job – we offer you a career.
What benefits will I receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career – we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
* Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future – we’re proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
* 28 days’ paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
* An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further – including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. You’ll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
* Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
* Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
* Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service – free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
* A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more – all free to you and your immediate family
* Recognition awards to recognise colleagues’ inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to us
* Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
* A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!
As part of the fight against COVID-19 here are some of the measures we have in place to keep our team members and the people we support safe:
* Enhanced Infection/Prevention Control Measures, including the use of PPE, social distancing and regular testing
* Following all government guidance applicable to our services as a minimum and ensuring our teams are trained effectively
* Strongly encouraging colleagues to receive a vaccination to keep themselves and those around them safe, enabling access through time off & covering transport costs
* Regular updates, FAQs, myth busting from Turning Point’s clinical team as well as wellbeing seminars which provide support on a variety of topics