- Job Reference: 00084701-1
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £22,758
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
About the Role
Fletcher Way is a brand new service supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities in Hemel Hempstead.
We currently have x1 Support Worker positions available.
* Full time Support Workers (37.5 hours)
This is a modern, supported living property with independent flats for each resident. The flats are specially adapted to meet the needs of residents with hoists and wet rooms available for each resident.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to:
* Provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs,within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
* Write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota and have a Full driving license.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you.
We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centered environment.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognize the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to:
* Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working.
* Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support.
* Be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
* Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
* £22,758 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract
* Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
* Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
* Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
* Annual salary and cost of living review
* Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
* Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
* Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
* Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
* Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
* Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
* Friendly and supportive team environment
* Employee assistance helpline
* Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
Closing date: Monday 25th July 2022
Interview date: 11th & 12th August 2022
How to apply
To apply for this position please complete our online application form. Please make sure that you give examples of how you meet the essential requirements of the person specification.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search