Support Worker / Healthcare Assistant - Flintshire
- Job Reference: 00044176-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Greenfield, Clwyd
- Salary: £9.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you ready to be Outstanding?
CareTech has been rated as "Outstanding" by CQC - We are not simply another Care Provider, we are an Outstanding Care Provider. Join the team now to benefit from a £500 Welcome Bonus (subject to terms and conditions) and other benefits as listed below.
Why should you work for CareTech?
* Various contracted hour shifts available (to suit your lifestyle)
* 20 days holiday + bank holidays
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* Dedicated learning & development programmes
* We provide free training to achieve qualification in Social Care
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics for self-development of your career
* DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
* Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral
* Stakeholder Pension
* Share Save Scheme
* Free Employee Assistance Programme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Career progression within the company.
* CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
Who are CareTech?
Our services support people with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions up and down the UK. We want people to live as independently as possible and to continue to offer that outstanding level of support we need people like you to join us and help to improve the lives of our service users. You will be responsible for enriching people’s lives, enjoy having a positive impact on their wellbeing and take pride in knowing you are a part of something bigger.
We are looking for support workers to join our team at our services in Flintshire. The services are home to various individuals with mental health needs and/or learning disabilities and aspects of challenging behaviour.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins. The services can be easily accessed by public transport links to surrounding areas such as Holywell & Bagillt. Due to the support needs, we sometimes require staff to assist with shift cover at other sites in the local area. Drivers preferred, not essential if able to commute, please check postcode area.
Of course, we look for people who have experience in care and support work, but we also know that having experience does not always guarantee a great support worker. We are happy to speak to people who may have a history in a different sector of care, have experience of supporting a family member or friend or are looking for a career change and can bring that genuine caring approach to our services. You are going to need to be flexible, as you will be required to work shifts, including bank holidays and weekends.
What will you be doing?
• Helping to implement daily support plans, including helping with preparation of meals, cleaning, laundry duties and accompanying individuals to leisure activities and social events in the community
• To communicate with our services users, their families and any other related support groups/organisations
• You will need to maintain accurate notes and records and may have to assist with medication
• Work as part of a team, ensuring we always supply the highest level of care
Sounds great, what do we need from you?
• An NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one
• Experience in supporting adults with mental health issues is desirable but not essential
• The ability to keep calm under pressure and keep those around you calm too
• The confidence to work alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills and the passion to work with vulnerable adults
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
You may be aware of new regulations, which require that anyone entering a CQC-regulated care home in England to be fully vaccinated subject to certain exemptions. In line with CQC regulations, we will ask for confirmation of your vaccination. The Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 were made on 22nd July and come into force on 11th November 2021.
If you have not heard from us within 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future