- Job Reference: 00032744-1
- Date Posted: 25 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Edgware, London
- Salary: £9.56 to £10.51 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.
Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability living in a supported living service and supported via our service based in Edgware / Borehamwood?
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Edgware / Borehamwood
Salary: £9.56 - £10.51 per hour dependent on experience + Pension
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time & bank staff positions
Langdon was founded in 1992 by four parents of children with learning difficulties who found there were no organisations that enabled young adults with similar needs to lead an independent life.
From those early beginnings, Langdon’s services have steadily grown and we now help over 100 young Jewish people, providing education, supported living and employment services. We are proud that our members lead independent lives that, without Langdon, their parents could only dream about.
We are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live.
Support Worker will be required to work individually and as part of a team to support and enable individuals to live as independently as possible by assisting individuals to empower our clients. You will also be responsible for working with our employment team to facilitate employment opportunities and assisting and supporting individuals to enjoy an active social life.
Support Worker will be expected to work flexible hours which will involve working early and late shifts, including sleep in’s, weekends and bank holidays in accordance with client need.
Support Worker - Key Responsibilities:
- To assist the people we support in all aspects of their life that they need assistance.
- To assist in supporting Individuals in designing and developing their support/care plans and reviews
- To contribute to the monitoring of Individuals’ progress, assessment and maintain records.
- To promote and adhere to the workplace values (Excellence, Responsive, Integrity, Caring and Empowering)
Support Worker – You:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- You must have a good standard of written English
Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
If you are looking for a career change, enjoy engaging with people and have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life, then we want to hear from you.
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service.
To submit your CV for one of these exciting Support Worker opportunities, please click ‘Apply’ now