- Job Reference: 00006328-1
- Date Posted: 8 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Eastbourne, Sussex
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Eastbourne, Hastings and surrounding areas
SALARY & BENEFITS: Excellent salaries with overtime available
Other benefits to include:
• On-the-Job Accredited Training
• Regular Supervisions
• Company pension scheme
• 28 days’ Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
WORKING HOURS: Flexibility in availability as the roles will involve shift work sleep-in/waking nights, days, evenings and weekends
THE ROLE: As a Support Worker your role involves engaging, motivating and encouraging young people placed in their individual flat or shared house.
Young people supported by LCS Partnerships are vulnerable and you are responsible for ensuring that the home in which you are working provides a safe, welcoming and healthy environment for the young person living there.
Key Responsibilities for the Support Worker role:
• Offer practical support and guidance to young people in line with their individual care plan to enable them to develop skills needed to live independently and to achieve in their education
• Maintain positive working relationships with young people, staff and professionals by communicating effectively at all times.
• Support a young person in Education, Employment and Training, who is working towards an accredited learning qualification, by evidencing work completed and submitting this to the relevant instructor.
• Maintain appropriate links in the community – e.g., educational provisions, sport centre, youth clubs.
Requirements for the Support Worker position:
• Will live within a commutable distance of Eastbourne, Hastings and surrounding areas
• Experience of supporting young people who may be vulnerable.
• NVQ 2 Health & Social Care (desirable)
• Be willing to travel so a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
• Computer literacy to an intermediate level
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Support Worker position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Due to recent COVID-19 developments please note that all interviews at this time will be arranged by Microsoft Teams/telephone call and all successful appointments will be managed pragmatically in line with business and individual needs.