- Job Reference: 00070864-1
- Date Posted: 23 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Brede, Sussex
- Salary: £19,553
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Doing amazing things together
Are you a kind, passionate and dedicated person that is dedicated to building meaningful relationships with the 6 people we support in Broad Oak, near Rye in East Sussex?
It's important that you're willing to learn as they use lots of new and innovative technologies in the home, so it's a great place to gain new skills.
There is also a communal garden in the home as well, and everyone who lives there tends to their own patch of the garden, so applications from keen gardeners are welcome! Even if you don't know about gardening, the people supported would love for you to learn more.
Other activities enjoyed in the home are sensory activities, cooking different meals, going to church, going to the pub, Theatre and going on drives out almost daily.
If you can think outside the box and want to join this group of people's amazing team, apply now!
You do not need to be a driver, but you must be able to get to and from the location for shift start and finish times (TN31 6EU)
This location is a CQC Registered Care Home.
In line with legislation, anyone working in a care home in England which is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the 11th November 2021 unless they are clinically exempt.
Apply today to start making a difference!
We will pay you a £400 Welcome Bonus.
Affinity Trust is a charity organisation supporting people with learning disabilities to live in their own home and be part of their community.
Why join us?
Because the people we support are at the heart of everything we do, we truly value our incredible staff & are committed to ensure they are fully supported.
An Amazing Place to work
* This is the best job - You will not find a more interesting and rewarding job, you will be making a genuine difference to someone's life
* Our values drive everything we do
* You will get the opportunity to work with some great colleagues and work as "one team"
* You’ll have the opportunity to work flexibly with our range of shift types
* 28 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays), which we increase the longer you are with us.
* To acknowledge the amazing contribution you’ll be making to our (your) team, we will pay you a £200 welcome bonus after 3 months, then another £100 after 6 months & because we truly value your commitment, a further £100 bonus after 12 months to celebrate your Affinity Trust Birthday!
* All work and no play is not fun, so enjoy discounts in your favourite shops, restaurants, travel and great days out with your Blue Light Card that we will provide you
* A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
* Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
* We will apply for and pay for an enhanced DBS for you
* Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements and a 15% overtime premium on hours over 37.5 per week
Development & Your Career
* You will get a great Induction to your new team along with amazing training opportunities that include the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
* E-learning webinars
* Access to specialist care sector training, all fully paid for by us
* Loads of career progression opportunities
We Value you
* You are so important to us & we want you to really feel like part of the team - from day 1 you’ll have supportive management & a Buddy who will show you the ropes. You’ll also have full access to our online wellbeing centre
* We recognise our amazing staff in our 6 monthly Affinity Star Awards
* We hope you stay part of Affinity Trust & we celebrate that with Long Service Awards
* Your wellbeing & happiness will always be a priority, so you can access an excellent wellbeing programme, plus resources and a wellbeing champions network
* If all the above wasn’t enough you will receive 'Thank You’ gift vouchers, be part of regular engagement surveys, attend regular forum meetings and can contribute to the staff newsletter, and to hear about the amazing work of your colleagues and the achievements of the people we support
Everyone is welcome
* We enjoy a diverse workforce and welcome applications from everyone
* We’re committed to being Disability Confident and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy