- Job Reference: 00045247-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Ashford, Kent
- Salary: £8.94 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
Do you want to be part of a growing and exciting organisation? We are recruiting Support Workers for our adult’s homes in North Kent.
We are currently looking to expand the diverse staff team that allow us to deliver high levels of care to the service users in our care. We are looking for motivated, dedicated, flexible and proactive applicants who display adherence to our C.O.R.E company values, which are Commitment, Openness, Reflective Practice and Empathy. Applicants will be joining our award-winning care teams to support vulnerable adults with learning difficulties and associated complex needs. Successful applicants will be provided with a comprehensive induction and training programme. Please note that all successful applicants are required to obtain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Certificate.
Duties will include:
* Ensuring that the health and wellbeing of the service users in our care is promoted and safeguarded at all times.
* Supporting vulnerable adults with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including behaviours of concern.
* Implementing positive behaviour strategies to manage behaviours of concern.
* Assisting vulnerable adults to maintain and develop all aspects of their daily life
* Supporting vulnerable adults to participate in community-based activities.
* Supporting the vulnerable adults in our care to develop independent and life skills.
* Attending reviews and meetings concerning vulnerable adults, and any other related tasks as required.
* Taking responsibility for following person centred support plans which are designed to achieve positive outcomes for the service users.
* Working in a way that is in line with CQC’s fundamental standards
* An extensive, CPD & ROSPA certified, training and development program.
* Excellent professional development through enrolment onto the Care Certificate (or equivalent).
* Opportunities for career progression through internal promotions and enrolment onto the Company’s Management Academy.
About the Company
For over 20 years, The Drive Care Homes has built a reputation as a company driving forward care for children and young people with learning difficulties.
In accordance with its Equal Opportunities Policy, the Company will provide equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex and/or sexual orientation.
Please note that, in accordance with The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021, all new candidates joining The Drive Care Homes LTD where they may be deployed in a front-line role in our care homes for adults will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccination or are covered by one of the exemptions in the Green Book. Candidates who are medically exempt from being administered with a Covid-19 vaccine must evidence this by way of a letter from their GP or clinician.
* Care Certificate or equivalent preferred. Applicants who do not hold the Care Certificate will be required and supported to enrol on the course at the commencement of their employment.
Healthcare Assistant, Health Care Assistant, Carer, Care, Community Care Worker, Domiciliary Care Assistant, Support Worker