- Job Reference: 00007068-1
- Date Posted: 18 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
- Salary: £13,800
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We're looking for an innovative, passionate and professional individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join the Stroke Service in Bromsgrove, with regular travel covering Worcestershire.
Position: Stroke Support Coordinator
Location: Office based in Bromsgrove with regular travel covering Worcestershire
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: Circa £13,800 per annum
Contract: Permanent. Services are contracted and there is currently funding for this contract until 31 March 2021.
Benefits: 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 31 May 2020
Interview Date: 30 June 2020
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
Reporting to the Stroke Support Manager, the Stroke Support Coordinator will:
- Work with the local Health and Social services to receive referrals to support stroke survivors and their careers.
- Provide personalised information, advice and support.
- Provide regular reviews to support people in establishing and achieving their own personal goals.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of volunteers that will support the service.
Applicants are likely to have:
- A background in a health or caring profession, ideally with experience of supporting people with disabilities and stroke.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of how to use data to improve quality.
Much of this role will be spent travelling in Worcestershire. We recommend discussing any mileage claims queries at interview stage, along with working hours (patterns).
A flexible approach to your role is essential, as is willingness to travel. The use of a car with business use cover is essential to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it's a team effort to get there. The charity provides specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as Care Coordinator, Stroke Support, Stroke, Care, Care Worker, Support Worker, Carer, Care Team Leader, Support Team Leader, Volunteering Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Support Group, Support and Advice