Job Title: Logistics/Supplier ApprenticeshipLocation: Shawbury, UKCompensation: £15,500 + benefits Role Type: 12-month contract
Role ID: SF 47738Work for the world you want to live in.
Wouldn't you want to live in a world where people, populations and the planet thrive? Where technology protects rather than threatens. Where societies feel safe and secure. Where cities and continents feel part of one global community.
We're an international aerospace, defence and security company, with sites all-round the UK, that do loads of exciting and important things to make the world safer and more secure. We defend nations, save lives and protect communities around the globe.Location:Based at the Babcock Supply and Logistics department, RAF Shawbury.Logistics/Supplier Apprenticeship:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock, providing professional and efficient logistical support that covers all aspects of logistical support ranging from counter services to material accounting. Our apprenticeship is 12 months in duration, offers a competitive wage and practical supply chain experience in the workplace. You will complete a professional qualification and achieve professional recognition and have access to a broad range of training opportunities and support. Throughout the course of your apprenticeship, you gain experience in the following areas:
What you will be doing:
- End-to-end characteristics and processes of the supply chain in different contexts
- Critical supply chain key performance indicators: inventory, forecast accuracy, plan attainment, customer service, vehicle utilisation, on shelf availability and waste, quality and value in line with business requirements and expectations, commerciality; and their impact on other parts of the business
- Key legislation, policies and procedures that influence the supply chain: health and safety, environmental, sustainability and others relevant to the business context such as large goods vehicle (LGV) driver hours and food safety/safe manufacturing practices
- The characteristics and specific needs of different customer groups: retailers, business-to-business, ecommerce and export
- Information technology (IT) systems for the supply chain: Excel, material requirements planning (MRP) systems and business planning systems
- The key principles of Continuous Improvement (CI) Management and Problem Solving
- The principles of capacity planning
- Procurement: the principles of buying - strategic and operational decision making (influences, risk, cost); and legal and customer requirements (anti-bribery policies, ethical approaches and frameworks)
- Forecasting: the levers and influences on customer and consumer demand (market trends, weather, competitor activity and seasonality); the impact of merchandising on supply chain decisions; and others relevant to the business context
- Customer service: the principles of order capture and management, from order receipt to delivery through to customers, the importance of customer fulfilment
- Logistics: the importance of logistics cost, the impact of short-lead time and high demand volatility logistics on network planning
- Collating all auditable vouchers that have been generated in support the Logistic operation,
Responsible for the timely progression of vouchers that are required to support the material account.
- Maintaining Logistic registers by running data reports from the MOD logistical data base (MJDI)
Investigating materiel losses and advising customers of outcomes
Qualifications you'll get:
- Dealing with customer demands and enquiries
- Investigate and compile discrepancy reports.
- Provide counter service support and packing items
- Replenishing stock and completing stock taking
- Site internal deliveries and collections
- Control of fuels and lubricants
Supply chain operative, Level 2What you'll need:
Education and qualifications:
- Excellent communication and verbal skills.
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to analyse documentation and the ability to record data accurately.
- Excellent organisational skills, including identifying issues and actively thinking of ways to solve them.
- A team player who works well with others and on own initiative to complete daily tasks.
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher (or equivalent)
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or higher
What you'll get:
- Robust work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for personal, academic, and vocational development.
- Generous benefits including:
- Very competitive starting salary
- Fully funded qualifications up to degree level may be available
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Pension scheme with employee contributions matched up to 8% of salary
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Flexible working (by local arrangement)
- Discounted shopping and half-price cinema tickets
- Cycle to work scheme
Work for the world you want to live in. Work to leave a positive legacy that is felt for generations. Work as one team, one Babcock and create a safe a secure world, together.For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate, and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at the interview.
For help with your application and advice on your CV please visit https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/apprenticeships/#LI-POSTJob Segment:
Apprentice, CSR, Entry Level, Management