|Salary||£25000 - £27000 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
The Inventory Operations and Supply Management team are the custodians of mobile equipment and critical stock held at our distribution centres and business resilience hubs.
Operating on a 24/7-365 basis in order to provide a distribution and equipment service to support the Thames Water business.
As a Supply Chain Analyst you will work with a range of teams and business units within the business, including our alliance partners. You will provide the heartbeat of the Inventory Operations & Supply Management team by providing critical business insight through a strong understanding of data and what that data means to our business.
As our team and operation grows and diversifies, so will your role within the business. As a Supply Chain Analyst you can expect to undertake the following tasks as part of your role:
- You will expedite supplier purchase orders to ensure timely delivery of spare parts
- You will need to be able to identify and escalate potential problems in the supplier base before they impact on our service levels
- You will ensure orders are placed on our suppliers that are optimised to deliver availability of spare parts, while minimising our inventory and avoiding obsolescence risk
- You will provide prompt action of order exceptions, ensuring the forecast, planned stockholding and ordering profile are all correct
- You will excel in Data Analysis to help support reporting for insight into inventory and ordering trends to drive process and system change requests. You will create and maintain system master data.
- You will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers, ensuring you deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
We are looking for a strong Supply Chain acumen in our Supply Chain Analyst, married with a desire to learn and the willingness to grow with Thames Water on our journey. In order for us to consider you for the position, you will need to possess the following attributes:
- Supplier or Inventory management, customer service or master data management experience
- Proficient with data analytics to provide business insight and reporting
- Excel and Microsoft Access skills to support data manipulation
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Experience of working closely with other departments and teams removing all silo activity
- Experience of active roles within projects
What’s in it for you:
- Do you want to be part of an award winning Supply Chain excellence team that is making a real difference to the resilience of Thames Water by providing critical, on-time and reliable logistical services?
- Would you jump at the chance to join our high performing, flagship Logistics Management Centre?
- Do you have a passion for shaping the way Water is managed for our customers for generations to come?
The LMC has the capability to source plant and equipment from strategic suppliers, hire companies, our Alliance partners and our own assets, enabling the most cost effective and timely solution to meet our customer demands, thereby providing an end to end, single view of logistics demand and capacity.
Logistic Operations operates Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work to both the Waste and Clean areas. Operating on a 24/7/365 basis in order to provide an excellent service to support the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Didcot, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.