Summer School Project Assistant
|Job Title:||Summer School Project Assistant|
|Salary:||£12.14 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-05-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Claire Beedon|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2019 12:32|
Support BISS Team with arrangements for BISS pre-arrival. Tasks include:
o Liaising with ISAS for visa assessments and preparing visa letters for incoming staff
o Sourcing flight quotes and booking flights through Key Travel for incoming staff
o With social programme arrangements and bookings
o Preparing student welcome pack information
- Support BISS Officer with delivery of summer school programme. Tasks include:
o Supporting operational delivery of main on-campus events, including Arrival Day Registration, Induction and Award Ceremony.
o Supervising day trips to UK cities and local Birmingham events
o Undertaking administrative tasks to support events, such as producing registers and information hand-outs.
o Dealing with daily student enquiries
Support BISS Project Officer with developing social media strategy to be implemented throughout delivery of BISS 2019. Tasks include:
o Liaising with Communication Team to source different social media channels
o Arranging and overseeing schedule of social media activities for BISS Student Ambassadors
o Producing BISS content for the Communications Team for promotion through University Social Media platforms
International Development Team Support
- To provide administrative support to the International Development Team projects
- Experience of event support or customer service
- Excellent organisation skills including good time management and prioritisation
- Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations.
- Knowledge of Social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter - Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and at weekends to meet the needs of events such as BISS social events and Welcome and registration.
- Excellent oral (including tactful and confident telephone manner) and written communication skills
If this role is of interest please apply
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's