|Salary||£12.14 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Support BISS Team with arrangements for BISS pre-arrival. Tasks include:
o Liaising with ISAS for visa assessments and preparing visa letters for incoming staff
o Sourcing flight quotes and booking flights through Key Travel for incoming staff
o With social programme arrangements and bookings
o Preparing student welcome pack information
- Support BISS Officer with delivery of summer school programme. Tasks include:
o Supporting operational delivery of main on-campus events, including Arrival Day Registration, Induction and Award Ceremony.
o Supervising day trips to UK cities and local Birmingham events
o Undertaking administrative tasks to support events, such as producing registers and information hand-outs.
o Dealing with daily student enquiries
Support BISS Project Officer with developing social media strategy to be implemented throughout delivery of BISS 2019. Tasks include:
o Liaising with Communication Team to source different social media channels
o Arranging and overseeing schedule of social media activities for BISS Student Ambassadors
o Producing BISS content for the Communications Team for promotion through University Social Media platforms
International Development Team Support
- To provide administrative support to the International Development Team projects
- Experience of event support or customer service
- Excellent organisation skills including good time management and prioritisation
- Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the Office in terms of the diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations.
- Knowledge of Social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter - Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours and at weekends to meet the needs of events such as BISS social events and Welcome and registration.
- Excellent oral (including tactful and confident telephone manner) and written communication skills
If this role is of interest please apply