|Job Title:||Subway Manager|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £23,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 09, 2019 12:47|
We are looking to recruit a Retail Manager (Subway Manager) to perform to oversee the Subway outlet in Royal Stoke University Hospital.
Reporting to the Retail Concessions Manager, you will ensure the prompt and efficient preparation of food to the standard outlined in the SUBWAY® operations manual and to the customers satisfaction, whilst maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the Unit.
If you have the ability to monitor, lead and develop a team of people; increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training – this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Supervise the work of all catering/retail staff in order to maintain and deliver a quality service
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and other departmental supervisors
- Ensure retail margins are improved upon and budgetary requirements are met
- Manage & operate all back office systems & facilitate the use of company systems and procedures
- Draw up weekly staff rotas
- Undertake weekly monitoring of quality control systems for the Catering service through appropriate IT systems
- Assist in implementing Food Hygiene policies to agreed standards
- Ensure that all Catering/retail materials and equipment are kept clean, hygienic and are maintained
- Analyse and resolve staff performance problems, conduct PDR’s and process timesheets accordingly
- Lead new starter inductions on the “buddy” programme, lead and train new staff and assist, organise and implement appropriate training in line with personal development plans and divisional business plans.
- Experience of Catering or Retail
- Supervision experience – strong leadership skills
- Food Hygiene Training
- Effective communication and customer care skills with patients, visitors, customers, clients, and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Ability to monitor performance levels at all times
- Financial awareness in managing budgets
- Computer literate
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Category Manager (FTC) 12 Months
£40000 - £46000 per annum
South West London, London
£8.40 - £12.55 per annum
£20000 - £22000 per annum
Paid Social Media Executive
£17000 - £23000 per annum